redumbrella

Monday, January 23, 2006

Karak the Cockatoo/Commonwealth Games Emblem

I bought a cockie's cage on ebay and we had a lovely drive up to Bendigo to pick it up and that means I also got to visit the Bendigo Knitting Mill factory shop. I bought lots of stash and am still using it in stuff for the stall but I was going to get some white and knit a sulphur crested cockatoo, to go in the cage. There's no way I could put a real one in although people still do. Then I spotted Karak for sale and bought him. He's a bit cheeky-looking for the setting but I've grown quite fond of him and bring him in if it rains. Behind me is nextdoor's leaking rain water tank. I love it's rustic look as a backdrop to my verandah.
My knitting is slowing down. Perhaps my whim is to write instead. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home