redumbrella

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Time For A Cuppa!

I've just finished this little tea cosy for a friend-of-a-friend of the vicar! I think it will suit nicely and is sooo easy to knit, and quick, even on 3 mm needles and using 4 pl. It took three days (with everything else going on). The previous link but one goes to it.
I was asked to make it in purple and green stripes. I did. The purple looks blue and the greenstripes have got lost under the daffodil petals.
The mug is a Maebata porcelain from Japan and originally I had six. Nearly twenty years later, I only have two perfect ones left but the rest are in a box waiting for the day when I have a go at MOSAIC! As yet an unattempted craft.
Should I add some pompoms/pompons to this tea cosy?
Looking forward to having some advice, even criticism, as long as it is well intentioned and helpful. Cheers Gillian Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • Hi I think personally that it would depend on if the tea cosy was a gift for a male or female. I can't see a male being into pompoms. But then I could be wrong...!

    By Blogger Beverley, At 2:01 AM  

  • It was for a female so I made a couple of small purple pompons and added them and sent it off, Thanks Gillian

    By Blogger Gillian, At 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home