redumbrella

Monday, April 10, 2006

Stash Additions and Socks

Well! On the way home from the Murray River and after we stopped at Elmore to buy the best tomatoes to make the sauce and relish, we went to the Bendigo Woollen Mill's factory shop. Especially to the back room where real bargains can be had. On the way into the backroom there was a special on "Miami" sock wool, so I got two packs, then out the back was some baby wool (machine washable) in 4ply in undyed white. It was really cheap because it had two ends per ball. Well I think two ends per ball is perfect for home-dyeing into two matching balls of sock wool

And then I found some pure cotton in lovely colours, which I use to knit face washers, so I got some of that in a lovely blue
I'm still having a go at my socks and am now on to the red pair and finding the needles much easier to handle. I'm still having trouble with a hole at each ankle but, like my computer skills, I manage without developing as long as I can. Robert has been doing a "Basic" computer course at the local Adult Education Centre and is really loving it. He brought home a folded, printed Easter card. It's lovely when you can demonstrate what you have learned so easily.

I bought some Paton's Creme de la Creme today to knit up a waistcoat for a wedding in a couple of weeks. I wasted ages looking for a pattern and then decided to go without. News on that soon!

4 Comments:

  • Gorgeous socks! You do a wonderful job knitting, they look perfect. Congratulations on the good sale finds too.

    By Blogger Heide, At 5:33 PM  

  • Love the socks. They look so evenly knitted. I really must get mine out and have a go again. It is getting quite chilly at night now and they would be so toasty and warm...!

    Knit on >^..^<

    By Blogger Beverley, At 6:24 PM  

  • My heart beat a little faster, my mouth went dry - bargain room at Bendigo Woollen Mills! Great yarn buys and tomatoes too. :) The socks look wonderful.

    By Blogger Taphophile, At 9:47 PM  

  • Sounds like the sock knitting addiction has you too. :o) These are looking great. I'll bet they will be much appreciated in your neck of the woods before too much longer. It's starting to cool down up here, so I can only imagine the nights at least must be getting chilly where you are. Sorry to read your mother is so ill. Hope she gets well soon.

    By Blogger Terri, At 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home