redumbrella

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Frightful Frogging

I haven't done much knitting at all this week. I ran out of dark green wool far too soon even though I knitted as fast as I could. So then I left it for the fairies to come and fix at night but that didn't work either. By the end of the week I had myself believing that the band was only a few centimetres short but this morning I laid it out and the truth was there in front of me. NOT ENOUGH WOOL TO FINISH THE BAND AND TWO SLEEVES WHICH WERE FAR TOO LONG.
The obvious solution is to frog the sleeves to a couple of inches below the oxter (armpit) and reknit to fit the armhole better. This should leave enough wool to finish the band!!!

As you can see from the pattern, the sleeves are a bit long and I dont like my sleeves to end below my wrist bone, so this should be a fine finish.

I still haven't picked up the stitches and started again. The weather is lovely, though, so after lunch I might sit on the verandah and do the pick up stuff.
I only seem to have one pair of 51/2 mm needles out of the millions that I own. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration. I need another pair. So maybe I can justify procrastination until the LYS opens at 10am tomorrow morning. No thanks Sue! Please don"t pop over with a pair. I want an excuse to delay.
I always have trouble with garments fitting. It's my own fault because I fiddle around with different yarns and needles and even though my tension swatches measure up , my garments dont. So I suffer from fear of completion. I will never look like the picture on the pattern so I think I have got it wrong.
Cheers for now Gillian

4 Comments:

  • I too wish for the finishing fairies sometimes, but they dont seem to visit our neighbourhood do they. I hope that you finish your cardigan soon so you can then post a pic of it finished. I am sure it will look great on you too.

    By Blogger Sue, At 5:11 PM  

  • Love the band on that cardie. Hope you make it, yarn wise.

    By Blogger Taphophile, At 9:24 PM  

  • That's a beautiful pattern and yarn. I hope the frog and re-knit works well and it fits!

    By Blogger Becky, At 10:31 AM  

  • I can really relate to your garmentfinishitis. I suffer too. Unfortunately I have proven time and time again that my knitting can not be worn! BooHoo. Good luck. I will check back soon!

    By Blogger amanda j, At 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home