redumbrella

Monday, August 21, 2006

Adding A Few Things

I've been at this blogging business for quite a few months now and I've got into a comfortable rut. I cook, I knit, I blog and I love reading other blogs and joining in with their events and their knitting and other things they want to talk about.
I was always a diary keeper and a pen-friend-letter writer. This is all just so much more direct and selective and I love it.
BUT I must now get real and admit that I need help to enhance my site. People have previously offered wonderful help but I haven't been able to follow the steps easily enough.
Please help me do a few things.
1) please can you let me know how to list all my favourite sites on my sidebar?
2) please can you let me know AGAIN how to put things like the time and weather on the sidebar.
There's lots more I want to know but I can't do it all at once!
If anyone is passing through Bacchus Marsh in the next couple of weeks and wants marmalade, please let me know because I have been cooking up a storm with the Sevilles and also the limes and lemons from the garden with the Cointreau.
Cheers Gillian

5 Comments:

  • When I first started to blog a friend told me togo to a blog I liked and click on View at the top of your screen, go down to source and click on that and that will let you view the html codes of what ever blog you like. then you can copy and paste them in the same spot on your blog template. Then the possibilities are endless. Hope that helps.

    By Blogger Rhonda, At 1:12 PM  

  • The easiest way to get other blogs on your sidebar is to start a blogroll at bloglines.com. The code to put it on your blog is supplied there, but you might need some help finding it.

    Many blogs add sites in a list format. Yours has one on it already called "Links." If you email me, I will walk you through adding your own.

    By Blogger Becky, At 10:21 PM  

  • Hello Gillian, I can help you add your links onto the sidebar for you, just let me know when and I will drop by for you.

    By Blogger Sue, At 12:49 AM  

  • Good luck Gillian. I think it is just a matter of having a try, and not saving anything until you are happy with it! I will be dropping by to witness the ongoing overhaul. The other option is doing what Shaz did and having someone do the hard work for you!

    By Blogger amanda j, At 4:21 AM  

  • I wish that I was passing through BM for a cuppa and some marmalade and toast with you! Sometimes if you type in "Site Meter" on the internet different counter sites will appear. Some of these offer weather and time options, etc. Good luck!

    By Blogger Heide, At 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home