redumbrella

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Heide and I must do it cos she sent me the simple way to do the links like I have just done to her name. (highlight the word then press ctrl,shift,A. If you are lucky a box will appear for you to type the url into, then enter)

It's strange that having a "blog" is such a public thing to do and yet answering a "meme tag" is so difficult and in some ways so exposing but here goes and if you start to read it you had better keep going till the end in case you are one of the seven to be chosen by me.

Each of these is a list of seven but not necessarily in order and I shall try not to prolong things with too much explanation. (Can't help it! Was a teacher for too long)

SEVEN THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE
* Do something really good to someone who doesn't know I did it
* Journey to the South Seas
* Get a black toy or miniature poodle
* Get some pekin bantams
* Have a positive impact on the place where I live
* Lose those 5 kilos that make me feel and look lumpy
* Have my 15 minutes of fame for a good reason

SEVEN THINGS I CANNOT DO
* Push-ups
* Jump
* Pretend. My face lets me down
* Play the piano. Did violin for ten years but never even got to Grade One
* Sing. I lost my singing voice with the chemo 3 years ago. I have sung at The Royal Albert Hall in London with choirs, four times, but now I can only sing in the car when travelling on my own.
* Make edible bread, unless I use the wonderful No Knead stuff.
* Speak any language other than English

SEVEN THINGS THAT ATTRACT ME TO MY PARTNER
* Physical stuff like...Height, almost as tall as me and I'm 6 feet
...Voice, has a lovely, deep, resonant voice
...Strength and Stamina
* Mental stuff like...Does anything I ask
...Eats anything I cook
...Says I always look great
...Lets me buy anything I want

SEVEN BOOKS WHICH HAVE HAD AN IMPACT ON ME
* The earliest was "Pookie the Rabbit with Wings". I was shattered when I went to school and was laughed at for thinking all rabbits had wings like Pookie
* Winnie the Pooh and * The House at Pooh Corner because my Father read them to us so well
* The Map that came to Life. I have loved maps ever since
* The Hobbit
* Catherine Cookson novels. So close to so much that I hold dear
* The Famous Five stories by Enid Blyton. It was a fantasy of mine to be a tomboy who had adventures.

SEVEN THINGS I SAY
* Well I Never!
* Phooey!
* Shall I get tea now?
* I'll be back in an hour or so
* Really?
* Hello Kitty
* Time for a drink!

SEVEN MOVIES I'VE LOVED
* Carousel. The first movie I ever saw
* Hitchcock stuff especially...The Birds
The Thirty Nine Steps
The Lady Vanishes
* Prizzi's Honour
* Brassed Off
* Billy Elliott

So I shall tag Beverley, Taphophile, Sue, Lori,

1 Comments:

  • Gillian,
    I am so happy to hear that you are off to England to visit your family. I know that none of you know me, but give everyone a big hug from me (American's are a strange lot). I went to England in 1983 on a student tour and I've been pining to return ever since. The trip to Australia in 2000 only re-activated my yearning for travel and meeting new people. I hope your trip there is delightful.
    Sincerely, Heide

    By Blogger Heide, At 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home