redumbrella

Friday, May 05, 2006

Just a Little Show-off!



It has been a lovely day. I had to move my stash to have the room re-carpetted and it has been living in a giant garbage bag for a while now. As you can see I have a wonderful old set of pigeon-holes that they gave me at school when I left. The stash was in yarn types but I put it back in colour groupings. I had to force myself not to do it in rainbow or Derwent Pencil order! Obsessive is my middle name.


I also got two lots of the "Simply Knitting" magazine from England, two days running in the mail. These will take some absorbing. So many little details.


Then Mason Dixon Knitting came in the mail from Amazon, and it's just wonderful. I would take it with me to read on the plane but it's a very heavy hardback.



And I got Lavish Lace a while back and have been sorting through the patterns to decide what to do with my hand-dyed yarn.
It has charts, which I haven't used before so I need to start with an easy one.








So much to do and so little time and then...no knitting on the plane for 25 hours! I find it understandable as a safety issue. I'm not going to use my needles or scissors as weapons but someone else might grab them off me. But I still get withdrawal symptoms as I wriggle down into my seat for the journey. Not a comfortable ride when your are six foot tall!
Cheers Gillian

4 Comments:

  • Hi Gillian, I would love to see you at your stall on Thursday. I may have to bring Isabelle so I hope that's okay by you. I used to go to the market last year when I had the car during the day, but I can catch the train to the Marsh anyway. I love your new Simply Knitting mags. I am jealous. I have to wait until they come to the newsagency. I have collected every one since they came out. It has some good patterns in it, and you got the Mason Dixon book. How hard is it to order books through Amazon. Do you need a credit card. We are in the process of not having one anymore. Well I wait to hear from you.

    By Blogger Sue, At 1:14 AM  

  • The Yarn Harlot says that she travels with her knitting and has no problems with security. I don't know what kinds of needles she uses, they may be circular or small bamboo ones, etc. It may depend on the airlines too. The thought of 25 hours of knitting time being wasted is quite alarming.
    The shelves are just lovely. Your stash can beckon you in a come-hither way and still be kept neat and out of the way.
    Wow, I'm wiping drool off of my keyboard over your new books. Hope your birthday was delightful.

    By Blogger Heide, At 6:13 AM  

  • Your pidgeonholes look lovely, what a fantastic idea. I know that I flew interstate last week and asked about knitting inflight. NOGO! I look forward to seeing what you think about your books.

    By Blogger amanda j, At 6:45 AM  

  • Love the cubby holes! What a good idea. My yarn is sorted via colour as well. [ some of it at least.!] So inspiring to look at that way.

    Oooooooh a lace knitting book I haven't seen, will have to watch out for that one. Still waiting for my copy of Mason*Dixon knitting. I also pick up the Creative Knitting at news-stands. Already sub to several mags can't really justify another.

    Hope you have a great trip to see your Mum and that she is well now.

    Knit on >^..^< [ Don't think I could survive 25 hours sitting without my knitting!!

    By Blogger Beverley, At 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home