redumbrella

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Competition Results

In a gallant attempt to rationalise the English language, Heide plugged "bestly". There's no doubt that it could catch on but the best way to alter a language rapidly is to make the wanted change part of a memorable jingle or pop song (true, that for many of us a memorable pop song is an oxymoron but back to the point). Perhaps we can work on that one next. Thankyou Heide, for entering the comp and for helping me out so kindly.

Dot modestly claimed that it was all beyond her and and then belied that statement with "I would best leave that to those who have a better clue"!

pbnj was also accurate and to the point and I hope that we can all "laugh last so that we can laugh best".

Daring Dave was spot on and pithy and he badly needs to win some sock yarn!!! and sheeprustler displayed great talent by using best as an adverb and verb in the same sentence.

The entry from trek came very close to winning. It read well, it was simple and clear and was a wonderful example of the comparative use of well/better/best as adverbs.

But flattery will get you everywhere becky . The winner on all counts...best use of best as an adverb, clearly and simply written and it made me smile when I read it!
Congratulations to you. Please email me with your contact address and colour preferences and I will get dyeing as soon as the weather gets milder or before.

Thanks to everyone. It gave me a great opportunity to meet more of you out there and I've enjoyed reading your blogs and will keep in touch
Cheers Gillian

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations to Becky, she really did have the bestest entry! This was a fun contest Ferg, thank you. Are you up for an Apron Sew-along? If so then follow the link on my blog. I'm terrible with a sewing machine, but there's no time like the present to hone those skills. Cheers!

    By Blogger Heide, At 9:18 PM  

  • I just love playing with words. Thanks for a fun contest! I enjoyed reading all the entries.
    I'll email my addy. I'm glad I found your blog. It's interesting so put it in my blogroll.

    By Blogger Becky, At 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home