redumbrella

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Flying Without Knitting!


I took the Knitting Nancy with me on the plane to England. It was not questionned or looked at askance. In fact, I was asked what I was doing and what I would do with it when I had finished.
Ha Ha I said, so many things, so little time!

In the end you can see that on the journey there and back I have not made more than 10 metres. It will, however be made into a bathmat. It is really absorbent cotton and I'm planning an attempt at braiding, using the cord and a couple of other strong left overs like old denim jeans.

I had dreams of finishing off a load of this french knitting in cotton, then dyeing it and then knitting it with other fabric strips into an oval mat. I did get some sleep in the end and that is much more important on a trans/time-zone flight than getting some knitting done. I do also have some use of low dose sleeping tablets which help me to recover more quickly.
Cheers for now Gillian

1 Comments:

  • Wow! That is one long knitted cord! The bathmat sounds like a fabulous idea and I can't wait to see a picture of it when finished.

    By Blogger Heide, At 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home