redumbrella

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Too Much Acquisition; Not Enough Achievement


I berate myself but with a frisson of pleasure! I found some bounty in an op shop just like Tapho seems to do every day. Ive been so jealous, but I've started with some thick, fluffy, beige stuff with flecks. It looks totally boring in the pic and only a little less so up close but it will make a nice, cheap swinging poncho for my stall. I need some new stuff to revitalise it.
I also show off my latest ebay scoop. A trolley for $6.13 to cart all my jams etc from the ute to the stall. It is quite large and of course these are 100gm balls of wool. Jars of jam are very heavy and this should do the trick nicely. OK it was $19 delivery but that was up front and so I was aware that I was bidding for it with the delivery cost in mind. I hate it when you secure a real treasure of a bargain on ebay and then find out it's $12 a gram for p&p!
Anyway, all this is to cover up for the fact that I have not done much knitting. DH has decided to become a gourmet chef and has produced 30 jars of pickled onions from the 8 kg of pickling onions that he snapped up at the local farm-produce outlet. Isn't it funny how "men" love to make things like pickled onions.
I have been waking early still so I have had a lovely time surfing the blogring. My real favourite this morning was a link on fitknit to a selection of great knitting cartoons. Surf over and enjoy them too.
Cheers Gillian

3 Comments:

  • Oooh a convert! Congrats on your bargains. That trolley really was a great buy.

    By Blogger Taphophile, At 3:00 AM  

  • Love the trolley. We're just entering jam and jelly season up here. You are one amazing and busy lady!

    By Blogger Heide, At 2:07 PM  

  • Definitely a bargain! What did we do before ebay? LOL

    By Blogger OzKnitter, At 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home