redumbrella

Friday, June 23, 2006

To See the Sea!


We went away for a few days, to the seaside and stayed in a cabin right on the edge of Corio Bay, overlooking the You Yangs in the distance across the bay. It was very foggy when we first arrived and we could see nothing but although the second day dawned with a splendid sunrise (pink sky in the morning, Shepherd's warning) the skies cleared and we caught the ferry to the other side of Port Phillip Bay and drove to the stunning coastal area of Cape Schanck.
We did more looking than walking and were lucky, that even though it was school holidays, we were almost alone.


There are some quite, awesome rock features and a boardwalk takes you right down to the bottom of the cliff in safety...and then up again! It is an area for spotting seals, whales and dolphins but we didn't.


The views are spectacular and beyond the headland is more!


At the end of each day we returned to our cabin to watch the pelicans, ducks, black swans and cormorants come in for the night and parade past us, while I knitted. The mussel place was open at Port Arlington and we feasted on fresh mussels for supper.

To complete the break, we stopped in Geelong on the way home so that I could indulge in a bit of "Lincrafting". Just a few cheap balls of flashy stuff. I'm always attracted by shine and glitter like a jackdaw.
Lots of yarn and WIPs in the next post.


I'm off to do my walk. I have decided that I am becoming too large around the middle and the only exercise I can do successfully is walk. So I'm off at daylight each morning (this is my second go!) for a brisk half hour. There are plenty of roads to travel in all directions so I shall be able to have a really good sticky beak at people's house-gardens and also, what's growing in the market gardens.
Cheers for now Gillian

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like you had a relaxing holiday and some beautiful sights. Lucky you, and I can see that your cardigan made its photographic debut.

    By Blogger Sue, At 6:04 PM  

  • What lovely pictures, it sounds like you have a fabulous getaway. Walking is very relaxing. Cheers.

    By Blogger Heide, At 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home