redumbrella

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

No. I didn't make it!

This wonderful concoction came from the local bakery. It seemed so long since we had all had a full scale pavlova that we thoroughly enjoyed it and it was so huge that I was able to send portions home to those who missed out. We lit the eight candles for the eighth of the eighth (Robert's birthday) and all blew them out so that we could share all our germs! It was so delicious and light that many of us had seconds. I'm sure you are all very happy for us. We keep filling up the garden with new plants. The motto is "More plants less weeds"
These three pots of ferns came from Gibbons, which is a wholesale fernery near us and which seems to supply quite a large area. It was lovely wandering around the shed (about 1/4 acre) choosing from the enormous variety.

It's market tomorrow so I have just loaded the ute with the tubs of jams etc and boxes of knitting. Robert does the tables, chairs and stands for me.

We are supposed to be there from 9am till 5pm but I always get a bit bored at about 3.30 and start to pack up to come home. I think it might be the result of years of finishing at the end of the school day!

Chhers for now Gillian

3 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday Robert. I've never had a Pavlova (sp?) before, but it looks scrumptious. Hope you had fun.

    By Blogger Heide, At 9:26 AM  

  • Oh that pavlova looks delicious. Have not had one for quite a while. I am glad that Robert had a good birthday. Your ferns look great too.

    By Blogger Sue, At 3:20 PM  

  • I have just the spot for those ferns. I need more plants than what I could plant I think to get rid of our weeds.

    I am sure they will look good at your place.

    By Blogger Ruby Girl, At 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home