redumbrella

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Bits and Pieces

This is what the footpath used to look like. As you can see there are a thousand cases of possible litigation resulting from a "sprained ankle" and "broken wrist" to frighten the local council into fixing things up!
The last picture was the other side of the road which will get fixed up next and this picture is our side.
A very neat job done by lovely blokes. I did rather prefer the not very neat job which was left from 50 years ago and also done by very nice blokes.

I got sick of knitting the garter stitch pattern for Jet No. 1 Cardi, so I finished the green vest that I had worries about earlier. I threw caution to the wind and used graph paper and no designated pattern.
It was basket stitch, which I love because it grows quickly and I just trusted myself to knit it to the right size with measurements against an already fitting vest.
This is 8 ply/double knitting, with the main body on 6mm and the ribs on 5mm. I cast on 100 stitches and it fits without making me look like a sack of potatoes, and I'm a big oz, size 16Back to the "jet" cardi now, or a bit of the sampler scarf or even the cushion cover from way back. Oh bugger it! think I'll start a new wash cloth.
Cheers Gillian,
ps yesterday's garage sale at a local old grand house, netted a lovely bronze bird and a J.Hassall print in a very old frame.
When did Australia move from letters and numbers to just numbers as a phone number?

2 Comments:

  • Your vest looks lovely. I thought you would have modelled it though. Was the garage sale at the house that I mentioned? Sounds as though you achieved quite a bit this weekend.

    By Blogger Sue, At 12:00 AM  

  • I love your green vest. I like the ankle-twisting pavers better than the sleek, smooth concrete... but that's just me. Your latest chutney creation sounds delightful. Have you found the perfect name yet?

    By Blogger Heide, At 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home