redumbrella

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Would You Believe It???

Hello.
Yes I have bought a caravan. In England this is called a static caravan. They are available on sites where everyone owns one and they are all plumbed and serviced.
It is situated between a stream and the River Wear (Picture left)areally empty bit of the "North Pennines Area of Natural Beauty"
This picture shows the bridge over the river Wear which is the start of the footpath into the village of Westgate. This is about a hundred steps from the van.






It's a 12x35 ft van with a double with en-suite and a twin bedroom with bathroom, followed by a pretty good kitchen, dining space and a very good lounge area which can be more sleeping area if needed.

It doesn't look great at the moment but I shall create some decking and a ramp for easy access. The stream at the back has been "landscaped" by other van owners. I shall see how it all goes but I hope to be in before the end of August.





The inside is quite spacious because it is 12ft wide, not 10ft and there are only two bedrooms so that the daily usable space is much larger. It even has a gas fire and is double glazed.











At the end of the run of vans there is a lovely grassy bank which gives you access to sit inside the rock shelter and fish!!!








Another disaster involving GAS occurred today. It is a bit nerve racking to be told that there is a possibility of another explosion, people were evacuated and the driver of the gas tanker died.
It is understandable to find that people are a bit jittery and questionning the traffic of such things through the narrow confines of the Wolsingham streets.
I hope people can return home soon and I am sorry for the family of the tanker driver.
I heard a massive roar earlier tonight and thought that it might have been the tanker but it was probably thunder.
We have had such dreadful stormy weather in the last couple of days. My mother says that her sister Julia's next door neighbour , sitting peacefully at home with the cat on her knee in the sitting room was struck by a lightning bolt which came down the chimney like a great ball of red fire. The cat is not recovered and Carol is now very shaky at the thought of what could have happened. The chimney is totally disintegrated and all the bricks fell and damaged the houses on both sides
There is no doubt that the weather is not just changing ....It is becoming so unpredictable that we cant even enjoy joking about the weather forecast.
Cheers to all, Gillian

10 Comments:

  • Oh what a gorgeous place for a home - congratulations!

    By Blogger Taphophile, At 2:59 PM  

  • HI Gillian

    So happy for you, and a little green as well your new home looks delightful!

    Please send your snail mail address to me as I have a little something for you. Send to bfrancis [at] pcc [dot] govt [dot] nz

    I have been rather busy myself and not a good blogger lately. This week marks a milestone as, after 4 1/2 years the family court is finally signing off primary caregiving [ custody ] of my two grandchildren to my son. [ their dad] Such a relief if a long time coming.

    So good to hear that you are managing OK. It has been a difficult time for you and my thoughts have been with you often. Perhaps you may like to join me in doing City and Guilds Hand knitting one day.

    Cheers

    By Blogger Beverley, At 3:31 PM  

  • Ok, that's it. I am packing my bags and coming to live in your 'caravan'. I will look after it for you! What an idyllic spot.

    Well done with your persistence with the wobbly wheel. Your yarn looks lovely and will be a reminder of what has been and a promise of what's to come.

    By Blogger amanda j, At 4:30 PM  

  • Oh the scenery around you looks just like a postcard, and so very beautiful. I am glad you have found somewhere so nice to live and the caravan does look very nice inside too. I can just imagine you on your decking in the summertime knitting away on another sock. The weather here has been crazy. Macedon, Ballarat and Daylesford had a lot of snow on Tuesday, and it felt like ice here too, it hasnt been that cold for years. I hope your weather is nice and sunny.

    By Blogger Sue, At 6:41 PM  

  • Your caravan looks fantastic!
    What a beautiful place it is situated in.

    By Blogger acrylik, At 9:39 AM  

  • Looks a lovely place to go for peace and quiet and knitting of course!
    Terrible news again from Wolsingham, my heart goes out to the family of the tanker driver.

    By Blogger artyfartykat, At 1:41 AM  

  • What a lovely place to sit and relax, and fish if you so desire. Good choice, and I'm sure you'll be very happy there.
    Glad that all is well with your wheel, and that yarn is lovely, well done.

    By Blogger Sue H, At 3:07 PM  

  • How wonderful! You live in a beautiful place. It's so good to see that you have family all around.

    I've been off the computer for a while but am enjoying catching up. Glad your spinning is back together. The yarn looks soft and lovely.

    By Blogger Becky, At 11:36 AM  

  • I love your new caravan (in the USA we call them trailers). The only problems I see with it is that there was no yarn or fiber in the pictures. However, I'm sure that you will rectify that issue post haste.

    We've been quite fortunate here with our weather, but in other parts of the country and around the world there are some bizarre occurences. I'm glad that your mother's sister's friend (did I get that correct?) and her cat will be okay. Divine intervention played a role in them not being more seriously injured.

    Glad that you're able to spin again. I've just started and it's very addicting.

    By Blogger Heide, At 8:51 PM  

  • Oh Gillian it looks just great, what a beautiful outlook you will have.

    By Blogger Ruby Girl, At 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home