redumbrella

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Well Does Anyone have a Great Middle Name

I think that the MEME doing the rounds at the moment is an absolute stunner! Let's face it, who likes their middle name?

Most of us have a middle name which is not very attractive but is bestowed upon us for family reasons. My middle name is MARGARET. I don't think any young girls are named Margaret these days. I'm named after my mother who is called "Peggy" and has never been called Margaret. An old aunt was called Margaret Rose and many members of the family were called...Meg, Peg and Maggy. But not while I was alive. Margaret is, to me, an old name!!!



So...Here I go with it!



M...Moving Again! Yes I shall be on the move in two weeks time. From the country town of Wolsingham to the city of Darlington.

A...Art Classes are one of the benefits of living in a city centre again. I have always wanted to have a go at painting classes and will be doing so at the Arts Centre in Darlington. I'm no good but I shall do some homework and hope to improve.

R...I love Reading. There is a small and delightful public library across the road here in Wolsingham. I think it must be one of the smallest in the world. It has a bit of everything and I have read all my favourites. I need a new set of shelves to browse. Mind you I will call in to the library, post office and bakery, here in Wolsingham, on my way to the caravan up in Brotherlee.

G...Geography and Geology. My favourite subjects and those which I taught happily for over 30 years. I worked in Africa as a geologist for an exploration company before I started teaching.

A...I adore, second hand and old stuff. "Antiques" are a real hobby. My furniture is second hand and my rooms are full of trash and tat. Nothing really valuable, just possibly worth more than I paid for it

R...Rambling around the Dales and Fells. I belong to a regular Wednesday group and we dont walk far but we enjoy it. There is so much history and geography in this area. After that I go off to Durham to have lunch with Mum.

E...Eating! Which leads me to FOOD. One small problem with the new flat I'm moving into in Darlington is.........There is no larder. There is nowhere to put the food. I am searching the catalogues for cheap, stunning, small larders to slip into the tiny space behind the kitchen door.The winning larder will take up no space, cost no money and house the contents of a medium sized supermarket.

T...THE is the only word to finish this off. THE internet, THE weather, THE best to everyone and of course have a lovely cup of TEA. My favourites at the moment are...Earl Grey with a touch of Vanilla and Green Tea with citrus and lotus flower.

Thanks Sue . It was fun trying to work it all out .
Cheers Gillian

4 Comments:

  • Oh Gillian I loved reading it and finding out a bit more about your daily routine too. I never knew that you worked in Africa before you were a teacher. You must elaborate one day. My sister's middle name is Margaret too.

    By Blogger Sue, At 4:35 PM  

  • What a lovely post. My middle name is JANE which comes from nowhere except that it goes with my first name, which comes from someone at my Mum's school!

    Make sure you show us where you move to!

    By Blogger amanda j, At 5:08 AM  

  • I'm Greedy, I have two middle names 'Clare Ellen', so my post would have to be quite a long one!!!
    Hope you enjoy the Art course, I did the same course a couple of years back, and really enjoyed it.
    Will I see you on Friday at Bishop?
    Becky.

    By Blogger gonga, At 3:15 PM  

  • I love the name Margaret and this is an interesting meme. At least it is for you. My middle name is Ann. Not even a distinguishing "e" at the end. Sigh, I'll just live vicariously through your name and pretend that I've lived on more than one continent and have lead an exciting life.

    By Blogger Heide, At 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home