redumbrella

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Show, The Show!!!

It is the annual show this weekend. This agricultural show is the oldest one in England. BUT someone thinks it's a good idea to fill the market place with a small but flashy, fairground. It's already later and darker than when I got home and some of the trucks have unloaded amazing equipment. The lights have been tested. There was no warning of this. I hope that other people are coping better than me.

I shall go and see Mum tomorrow, visit Chris, shop at the Arnison Centre and get Mum a nice new Doonah. Then I shall try to get back and park somewhere within a 1/2 mile of this horrible display. The Big Show is a couple of miles down the road and I hope to get there on foot along the designated footpath.
Hopefully there will be more pics tomorrow or Friday when the real show stuff happens.

Cheers Gillian

3 Comments:

  • I hope its not too noisy for you with all the rides and stuff. Hope you have fun though!

    By Blogger Sue, At 8:56 PM  

  • Yikes! Over here what could potentially be charming and relaxing county fairs are turned into sticky, loud and garrish carnivalesque events. I do hope that your farmer's market doesn't suffer the same fate. Can't wait to see the pictures.

    By Blogger Heide, At 9:56 PM  

  • Looks like it spoilt the beauty of the area for the weekend. As for my socks, we have had some really warm last week or so of winter weather and I haven't been able to wear them, this week now its spring is going to be around 14 or 15 so I think I will wear them with my crocs to "every other tuesday knitting night". The lead mine looks interested, I have been watching a tv program on the worst jobs in england, which went back around a 100 years or so, some were so harmful to the workers, pity they didn't have the working conditions we are use to now.

    By Blogger Ruby Girl, At 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home