redumbrella

Monday, October 01, 2007

Moving Home

I am about to close down and pack up the computer and all its attachments. I go off line here at midnight and PIPEX have not promised me anything closer than 3-7 working days to re-connect at the new address. I have employed WATSON'S from Darlington. They come in big, dark, green lorries with two "blokes" to do the lifting and carrying at....50 pounds an hour. They start at 9am Tuesday. I shall be waiting for them.

I found some lovely bedroom furniture on the internet, through M&S and rang up first thing this morning to fix it.

IT WILL NOT BE DELIVERED UNTIL MID-DECEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want it. I don't want other stuff...so I have no alternative but to wait. I could go on a long holiday and leave all my clothes lying on the floor.

I have packed everything and now wait for the Lorry to come

I shall sleep until about 3:30 or 4:30 am and then get up and make a cup of green tea with lotus flower and citrus.

Then I shall bathe and dress and climb up the step-ladder to take down the curtain rods and all the trimmings.

Then I shall move flats
Cheers Gillian

3 Comments:

  • So hope the move went smoothly, with no major hiccups..............and quickly too so as to cost you as little as possible. I can envision the movers going as slow as possible to get the maximum payment. :-(

    By Blogger Sue H, At 3:17 PM  

  • I hope that all is going well for you with the transition between homes. If hte movers, etc. annoy you too much then keep a nice, sharp knitting needle handy to "accidentally" poke them with.

    By Blogger Heide, At 7:39 PM  

  • Good luck with it all. I hope you are settling in your new place well.

    By Blogger Ruby Girl, At 3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home