redumbrella

Friday, January 25, 2008

Is This Real Winter?

Before xmas, I went out to trim some greenery off the local hedges and when I came back I made a window frame rather than a tree to hold cards and other decorations.

As you can see from the first pic I have a low valuation of TV entertainment. The old machine in the pic goes back further than it is wide but still shows all five "old" channels. I have estimated its age at 27years. It even has a remote control but the gadget tends to change channels when you press volume control!!!

Yes it did snow this winter. This second pic is the view from the sitting room window which is on the third floor, looking east, the next pic is from the window looking west.







I must admit that a brolly does not help much in these conditions.





After the greenery was removed from the window it seemed very bare but then I went to the twice monthly auction at the local auction house and bought this lovely book case as a partial room divider. It now divides the main room space from an office space and houses some of the more attractive and valuable volumes.








I continue to knit socks. This pair are in a 5/6ply marly blue and I'm using a variation of the "Monkey" pattern. Well I thought that was what the picture would show but instead you have another view of the sitting room.

The wind is howling around outside and I wouldn't be surprised if the "winter" follows it.

Cheers to you all, Gillian

9 Comments:

  • Gillian, it's so nice to hear that you are well. I love the views from your apartment windows. Is that mohair on the sofa in the last picture? Maybe Pierce will consent to model some of the finished socks for us. Is your wheel working yet? We've freezing rain in our region and I'd much prefer snow. The rain snaps off tree limbs, takes out power lines and makes driving impossible. At least with snow it's pretty to look at and the children can play in it. Take care!

    By Blogger Heide, At 10:22 PM  

  • So great to see you post again. Your Christmas decorations were lovely, as were the shots from your window. Howling wind and snow? Maybe - we're due for 32C today and some cool relief would be great.

    By Blogger Taphophile, At 12:23 PM  

  • Oh that snow looks amazing. Glad to hear you are well and happy!

    By Blogger amanda j, At 11:39 PM  

  • Very cosy looking home. I love the photos of it snowing. How wonderful it looks. I wish it was snowing here, I am not enjoying the heat at all.

    By Blogger Ruby Girl, At 3:03 AM  

  • So nice to hear from you again Gillian. Your flat looks so nice and cozy. I love the snow too, and yes it is very hot here. Some nice cooler weather would be apprecited. I too am considering knitting the monkey socks with my new sock yarn, and the pattern sounds easy enough. Just need to wind the yarn first. You will have to get Pierce to model the socks when you have finished them.

    By Blogger Sue, At 4:27 PM  

  • Your flat almost looks book free!!!!, I was expecting something that resembled a warehouse, your caravan must be bursting!!!!
    I would like to say that I enjoyed the snow, but after standing in blizzard conditions for the best part of an hour waiting for kids to comme out of school, I can say it wasn't pleasant!!!
    Keep going with the 'Monkeys'.

    By Blogger gonga, At 4:03 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger carol, At 8:52 AM  

  • Hello Gillian. Hope all is well and that spring is beginning to warm up your lovely home.

    By Blogger Heide, At 5:52 PM  

  • Where are you? Hope all is good.

    By Blogger Ruby Girl, At 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home