redumbrella

Friday, March 17, 2006

A Very un-Victorian Display of Legs



Well, I did a bit of task 2). Here's the painted chair and very ungainly! table legs. They've been given a coat of mat white. Gloss only really works if you use oil-based paints and the sort of semi gloss you get with acrylic isn't much shinier than the plain all-over-useful stuff.

The table has a wonderful old baltic pine top but it has been badly stained. Robert sanded it with the lovely, little, cordless Bosch sander and then with the big belt sander. He was getting rid of the stains but he was also getting rid of the table!!!

I shall paint the top in the slatey blue to match the floor. The left over stains would only niggle at me and staining and varnishing will only make the stains darker.

The "Laundry" part of the new shed is shown here and it is this that I will have to make curtains for soon. On the left is a combination washer/drier and on the right is a small extra fridge. In the facing corners are an upright freezer, a storage chest of drawers for jam jars and a storage shelf for jam and chutney stock. In between will be the table and chair as a work space and around two sides are foot wide shelves (I have discovered, at head-hitting height) which hold tubs of gear and on the leftwall from this picture is one of those drying hoists that goes up to the ceiling.

I shall put a coat of paint on the top of the table tomorrow and think about the curtains.

Right now, I shall go and cut up some beef and broccoli stir fry and marinate the beef a bit.

Last thing is, I've worked out that BTW is by the way but what is LOL? And are there any more that I should know? Can I make some up? How about WIN, my mothers favourite exclamation. Small, thoughtful response to the first to work it out.

2 Comments:

  • Hello! LOL is "laughs out loud". There are a whole bunch of these acronyms used nowadays by people. You've worked out BTW. OMG is "Oh My God". There is also ROTFLMAO, which stands for "Rolling on the floor laughing my arse off". Sometimes I think people just sit around with nothing better to do than make up useless phrases, etc. Collard greens are kind of like spinach, but they are tougher and must be cooked longer. We usually sprinkle vinegar on them after they are cooked. The table and chair look fabulous.

    By Blogger Heide, At 6:54 AM  

  • BRB - be right back...
    WIN - hmm an exclamation where in ? what in ? hmm I'll have to ponder that one..

    By Blogger Deleted, At 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home